Gregory BELLIER put forth on 3/2/2010 6:03 AM:
> Hi !
>
> I downloaded postfix-2.7.0 and I need to manually build it.
> The goal is to place everything in a different folder than usual :
> /opt/postfix

<snip>

http://www.postfix.org/INSTALL.html

4.4 - Overriding built-in parameter default settings

All Postfix configuration parameters can be changed by editing a Postfix
configuration file, except for one: the parameter that specifies the
location of Postfix configuration files. In order to build Postfix with a
configuration directory other than /etc/postfix, use:

    % make makefiles CCARGS='-DDEF_CONFIG_DIR=\"/some/where\"'
    % make

IMPORTANT: Be sure to get the quotes right. These details matter a lot.

(Found the answer in less than 60 seconds with Google--1st hit, first sub
entry, searching for "/etc/postfix hard coded")

--
Stan