John WInther put forth on 3/6/2010 12:57 PM:
> Thanks for info, I am aware of  the manual and I have previus tryed to
> change the myhostname to soapnut.dk, I still got the reverse dns error.
> I gave me an idear to reverse resolve the ip address registred in mx,
> and the reply from that test was the dns name of my internet access.
> 0xbcb75b12.cpe.ge-1-1-0-1112.customer.tele.dk, when i put that in as
> myhostname the reverse dns lookup reply with success.

RFC does not dictate that your forward and reverse dns names match.  It does
dictate that a domain name must be valid.  Anything ending in .local is not
valid.

I'd suggest against using

0xbcb75b12.cpe.ge-1-1-0-1112.customer.tele.dk

as your Postfix HELO name.  Use a hostname based on one of your mail domains
instead.  Some sites will block SMTP servers that HELO with such a generic
hostname as that above.

--
Stan