On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 07:57:45PM -0600, osmcr...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm running Suse 10.3 Server and looking for a script like this that will
> backup all the system config files and any others that I would want, this is
> a db and mailbox users backup for my mail server ?..  But I plan migrating
> to a new server, using the same distro that's why I'm preparing it for
> restore again in case of emergency

If you manage your server configuration in an-hoc way, directly on the
machine, rather than via a config management system that pushes managed,
revision controlled, configurations to the server, you're solving the
wrong problem. If at all possible, change how you operate your systems
so that the master copies of configuration files are managed indirectly.

In the mean-time. Postfix configuration files are expected to be found
in /etc/postfix and any other config_directories of additional Postfix
instances. If your master.cf runs some services in a chroot jail, you
need to have working tooling to re-create such a chroot jail for each
queue directory.

You may also have Postfix-related SASL configuration files, TLS
certificates and keys, aliases(5) tables, content-filter configuration
files, start scripts and executables. External delivery agent scripts
and configuration files, related user accounts, mailstore-related
cron jobs, cron jobs to update A/V signatures and RBL feeds, ...

The list goes on and on. No generic script can figure out how to migrate
your mail system from one system to another. If you are lucky and you
test carefully, you'll find all the pieces by hand.

A better solution is a configuration management system that builds working
systems by pushing all the required components to a freshly-minted generic
Unix server with a reasonably compatible base O/S.

--
        Viktor.

environment.  If you are interested, please drop me a note.