The virtual domain hosting stuff in the documentation is pretty confusing.
 I haven't yet seen an example of what it is that I'm trying to
accomplish.

I have several domains that I have non-unix mailboxes (they are stored by
sql using an alternative lmtp daemon after running them through
amavisd-new.  This works under the current configuration, but I'm not
bouncing anything until after it goes through amavisd-new and I'd like to
reject incoming mail for unknown recipients before being sent to
amavisd-new.  amavisd-new is a massive resource hog and the less that I
have to send to it for processing, the better.

I have a couple of domains that I need to forward all mail since they are
sent to an exchange server.  There's a proxy thing that I can do to check
those, but that's another topic.  For now suffice it to say that for these
few domains, I need to filter and forward all mail destined for them.

I've been using the transport maps to accomplish the handoff to the lmtp
server.  I was using the local_recipient_maps for the mailbox checking,
but the system is not recognizing those users as local.

At Victor's urging, this afternoon, I enabled the relay_recipient_maps and
that solved the rejecting unknown before the handoff to the amavisd-new,
but broke the domains that I need to forward all mail for.

>From all the reading that I've done, it looks to me like I need some sort
of hybrid system.

The virtual How-To is confusing and I don't see any clear examples of what
I'm looking to do.

It looks like I need to do the relay_domains and the transports thing for
the domains that need to be forwarded.

It also looks like I need to use the  virtual_mailbox_domains,
virtual_mailbox_maps, but I don't see how to get from there, to the
alternat lmtp.  Everything I've read says that it all goes to local unix
accounts and that's not what I need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in the docs that explain how to
do this or a couple of examples?

Thanks in advance,
Curtis Maurand