> On Tue, 01 Jun 2010, cur...@maurand.com wrote:
>

>> postconf -n follows.
>
> At first glance, I notice you redefine several parameters to their
> default value.  Why?  I'll point out just a few of them below.
>
>> access_map_reject_code = 554
>
> This is default.
>
>> bounce_queue_lifetime = 0
>
> Are you sure about this?

Probably not a good idea, but I was stabbing at things without really
understanding them. I was working from readme's and examples.  the postfix
book that I have is good, but incomplete when it comes to virtual domains
and wasn't any help in what I wanted to do.  I'll look at the
bounce_queue_lifetime and set it to something appropriate.

>> defer_code = 550
>
> Why?
Why not?  I'll look more at the docs.

>> local_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-recipients.cf
>> local_transport = no local mail delivery
>
> Hm?
>
>> mail_owner = postfix

Again, I was stabbing at things, here trying to get the system to reject
where it wasn't rejecting.  The fact is there is no local transport.
There are no local accounts.  Everything is handled by dbmail.  I will set
that up, its simple enough.  Thanks for pointing that out.

> Again, default.
>
>> relay_recipient_maps =
>
> Why is this empty?  As per ADDRESS_CLASS_README: "If this parameter
> value is empty, the Postfix SMTP server accepts all recipients for
> domains listed with the relay_domains parameter."

Well, when I filled this in, that's when it broke things the mail relay.

> --
> Sahil Tandon <sa...@freebsd.org>

Sahil, thank you for your help.  As near as I can tell, what I need to do
is set up two areas.

for hosted domains:
virtual_mailbox_domains
virtual_mailbox_maps