Victor Duchovni schrieb:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 08:36:52PM +0200, Moe wrote:
> > My point is: When 'myhostname' and 'mydomainname' are left out of
> > main.cf then postfix makes an attempt to auto-detect them.
>
> These are MTA configuration variables.

And there would also be the fix in Postfix (if you intent to fix at all):
Just throw an error and refuse working, if these configuration variables are
missing, instead of trying to auto-detect.

Or let the Debian people write that patch for their version, as their users
are apparently the only ones who comlain and such a fix could probably mess up
more postfix-experienced users... ;)

SCNR

--
MfG Jan