On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:48:11AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Keld Simonsen:

> > > Yes. When the documentation says this, then that is what
> > > you are supposed to do.
> >
> > yes, but where?
>
> You configre the program that invokes the Postfix sendmail
> command, so that it invokes the command like so:
>
>     sendmail -XV -f owner-listname other-arguments...
>
> With Majordomo the sendmail command line is in a config file, buried
> in Perl syntax. Other list managers should have equivalent
> configuration mechanisms.

yes, there are a number of sendmail invocations in the majordomo
perl scripts. I am just wondering which ones to change. A word count
on the perl scripts in /home/majordomo says that there are 113
occurrances of "sendmail". I probably should not change them all.
And I am not that familiar with the intrinsics of majordomo scripts.

I am probably not the first to do VERP with postfix and majordomo, so I hope
others could help me before I do something hopelessly stupid, and
which I will only discover many moons from now.

> DO NOT feed a specially-formatted sender address into the Postfix
> sendmail command. Just follow the d*mned instructions.
>
> > >     With this set up, undeliverable mail for u...@domain will be
> > >     returned to the following address:
> > >
> > >     owner-listname+user=dom...@your.domain
>
> And that is all.
>
> Again, DO NOT feed a specially-formatted sender address into the Postfix
> sendmail command. Just do what the instructins say.

I was intending to add "-XV" to a sendmail line somewhere - nothing else.

For postfix proper, does postfix invoke the postfix sendmail command somewhere
in the process as an MTA to deliver a mail, - for aliases expansion?
I would have thought that this was governed by postfix/master.cf .
That is postfix would receive a message on port 25 and then forward it to some
queue
for deliverance. I would then think I could employ postfix sendmail -XV to
generate
bounce mails with the recipients address in the bounce field somewhere.

BTW, I got the delivery part to work as documented, so mail to
user+sen...@domain
gets delivered to u...@domain. So far, so good.

best regards
keld