On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 04:07, Simon Waters <sim...@zynet.net> wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2010 20:53:46 Phil Howard wrote:
>> I've added a domain name which has email addresses that are only in
>> the virtual map. There are no real mailboxes over on Dovecot (via
>> transport) for this one. Attempts to send mail to
>> postmas...@newdomain.example.com gets "Relay access denied", so it
>> clearly doesn't recognize the domain (I didn't put it anywhere, so how
>> could it ... depending on the virtual map for that would not get the
>> right error message for bad LHS in that domain).  So my question is,
>> which map does it go in if all it is used for is addresses in the
>> virtual map (being forwarded to real mailboxes in another domain).
>
> I think you want virtual_mailbox_domains, so in your
> config /etc/postfix/domains.
>
> This is domains for which it is a final destination but delivery is via the
> virtual transport.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_mailbox_domains
>
> I didn't check to see if this fits the rest of your config....

I already have virtual_mailbox_domains listing domains that are
destined for virtual_transport = dovecot.  The issue was that I'm now
dealing with new domains that are not going there.  I suppose I could
still do that and pretend they are going there ... attempts would fail
because no users in the new domains exist there.

But what about virtual_alias_domains?  What does that really do?  It's
default value is virtual_alias_map, so it is unclear to me if that is
a list of domains or what.

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!