On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 17:08, Victor Duchovni
<victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:49:11PM -0400, Phil Howard wrote:
>
>> > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_mailbox_domains
>>
>> So what if a given domain is, instead, going to have addresses
>> forwarded back out to some other mail server?
>
> If without rewriting, that's a "relay domain". If addresses are
> always rewritten to another domain (ala the model of pobox.com),
> then its a "virtual alias domain". Take the time to understand

There will be a whole new envelope address.  That's been "rewriting"
for as long as I have know it.

>    http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html

The domain does not fall into any of these classes.  I have pretended
it was virtual mailbox, even though it wasn't, listed it as such,
anyway, and that did make it work.

Every address in these domains will be rewritten to some other address
(not all with the same domain) and sent on their way.  Some of them
will be rewritten to addresses that do fall into other classes for
some kind of local delivery (right now, in virtual mailbox).

>> Or worse, what if a given domain has some users forwarding to an
>> address that is delivered via virtual transport and some other users
>> forwarding to an address that goes elsewhere?
>
> Not a problem, virtual aliases are global, pick whichever model
> is best for any users that are not rewritten to another domain.

OK, maybe this is the correct class to put them in, afterall.  I'll
try it out tomorrow.

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!