Quoting Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org>:

On 8/19/2010 2:15 PM, p...@alt-ctrl-del.org wrote:
From: D G Teed Subject: How common is reverse DNS checking?

Out of all of the things we do to restrict spam,
the only one with a steady trickle of false positives is
the host lookup not passing reverse DNS check.

reject_unknown_client_hostname = gives problems
reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname = 0 complaints here

Same here.  reject_unknown_client_hostname is too strict,  but
reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname rejects lots of obvious spambots
without resorting to an RBL lookup.  The false-positive rate is close
enough to zero that I would not consider removing this restriction.

  -- Noel Jones

Call me a BOFH, but I have no sympathy for mail servers
that do not pass the FCRDNS test.

Robert