On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> Reindl Harald:
>> To your querstion about superuser:
>> NERVER EVER build sources as superuser necause
>> if there are bugs in the build-process you can
>> damage you system which is impossible with
>> restricted permissions.
>
> As per the Postfix INSTALL instructions, compile as unprivileged
> (but trusted) user, then "make install" or "make upgrade" as root.

Sorry if my question may seem a stupid one but what do you mean by:
unprivileged (but trusted) user?
I created a user named "build" with home directory set to: /home/build
and I compile the sources with this user inside it's home directory.
Is this ok? Should I give more permissions to the "build" user? Should
it be more trusted?

Thank you,

Buzai