Le 23/01/2011 13:34, IT geek 31 a écrit :
> [snip]
>
> My understanding of postconf(5) is that smtpd_sender_restrictions
> applies to the MAIL FROM command.  For example I have an access file
> which contains my two friends, Richard and Bill:
>
> bill.clin...@whitehouse.gov   OK
> richard.ni...@whitehouse.gov   REJECT
>
> I also understand smtpd_recipient_restrictions applies to the RCPT TO
> command.  So if I remove that check from smtpd_sender_restrictions and
> add it to smtpd_recipient_restrictions, then mails from Richard will
> get through.

you are confused. stages (when a check is run) are different from fields
(what field is checked against a map)

- smtpd_recipient_restrictions is checked at RCPT TO time. but it acts
on any informations that available so far. this includes the sender adress.

- the default config is smtpd_delay_reject=yes
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_delay_reject

> [snip]
> Where?  I don't think I have defined this anywhere.

local_recipient_maps = ...
relay_recipient_maps = ...
virtual_mailbox_maps = ...
virtual_alias_maps = ...
canonical_maps = ...
sender_canonical_maps = ...
recipient_canonical_maps = ...

but that's not the whole thing. you van still bork tehse and get your
address validation right. if you know what' you're doing...