On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:44 AM, J4K <ju...@klunky.co.uk> wrote:
> Its a good idea, but this would limit a user from using a server on his
> residential ADSL from being an Email server, and force them to use their
> ISPs relay.  Else they might have to upgrade to a business package or spend
> more money for a static IP address that they can amend the reverse lookup
> record for.  Pros and cons.

It's a GREAT idea. I don't want/need email from users with ADSL or
cable modem servers that refuse to use their ISP's relay. If enough of
us stand firm on our mail acceptance policies to the point where we
force SOHO and "Linux Weenies" to use their ISP's relay (which
shouldn't cost them any money), then SPAMmers would take a huge hit.

SteveJ