Hi all,

sorry to bother you, but I'm smashing my head on a problem from some
time and even I've read previous posts and other Postfix documentation,
there's still something I don't catch.
Currently if from my postfix installation, behind a static IP, I try to
send email to yahoo I often get the error:

Mar 21 06:32:21 mailforward postfix/smtp[19388]: send attr reason = lost
connection with a.mx.mail.yahoo.com[67.195.168.31] while sending end of
data -- message may be sent more than once

I've seen that messages above 2-3 MB total size get such treatment,
while smaller ones get through without problems.
So, until I investigate the problem with Yahoo, I'd like to limit
message sizes which could be (attempted) delivered, so my users would
know quickly to split the messages in smaller pieces, without having me
checking the queue and give them notice.

Configuration (main.cf) option:

message_size_limit

so far I've understood it limits the size of messages that be received
on the postfix box.
Is there a way to tell to a specified outgoing smtp transport which is
the maximum allowed message size in master.cf ?

I've tried adding:

# Transport di test
prova     unix  -       -       -       -       1       smtp -v
        -o message_size_limit=1232896

and in transport:

# Test
netorbit.it              prova:

but seems that such option gets just ignored, e.g. a 2+ MB message get
through up to the netorbit.it domain.
Surely my fault, cannot see why and where ;-)

Do I need a policy server for that?

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.
     Angelo