Le 22/03/2011 22:53, Simon Brereton a écrit :

> The number of javascript email input validations that wouldn't allow + as a
> valid character (particularly the banks)

Oh, not only banks. sigh.

I once worked for a company to help fight spam, and among the
recommendations I gave was to tag addresses with a '+'. they accepted
that and were happy. then later on, they outsourced the development of a
web app and I was asked to do some checks. among my feedback was that
the address validation functionality was wrong. I was asked what I
meant. I showed that not only it didn't reject some invalid addresses,
but that it rejected valid addresses such as '+' tagged ones. the answer
I got was "but that's ok. we only want _real_ addresses". duh.

> forced me to change recipient_delimited to - without any dire consequences...

if you're not running mailing lists, then yes, '-' is ok. if the domain
has mailing-lists, then '-' is already in use ('-unsubscribe', ... etc).