Le 23/03/2011 01:30, Wietse Venema a écrit :
> Steve Jenkins:
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>>> Didn't I write that Postfix will attempt the unextended name first,
>>> before trying the name without the text after $recipient_delimiter?
>>
>> I'm assuming you meant "extended name first" - otherwise I'm confused! :)
>>
>> Yes. I understand that with 'recipient_delimiter = -' Postfix will try
>> to match user-extens...@example.com BEFORE attempting u...@example.com
>> (in most tables).
>
> This includes Postfix trying listname-request, owner-listname, and
> so on, so these addresses will work as expected.
>
> Besides this, there is some explicit logic to avoid splitting
> mailer-daemon, owner-foo and foo-request.
>
>> But I'm still confused about mouss' advice that I shouldn't use '-' as
>> the delimiter if I'm using mailing list software. As long as
>> 'user-extension' doesn't match any 'listname-command' combinations or
>> match any other valid recipients that include a hyphen before the @,
>> why can't I?
>
> I don't know why Mouss believes that this is a problem.

- I don't want some admin telling Mr "jean" that '-' is an extension
char so he can use any "jean-*" but not "jean-pierre", "jean-marie" ...
etc. (sure, you can say "oh those french people"...). I don't have that
problem with '+' because '+' doesn't occur in names of people I worked
with.

go to listname@lists.example. (yep, this can be solved with access, but
why?).

just to clarify what I mean: technically there is no problem and the
postfix interface is clear. but I wouldn't use '-' as an extension char.
that said, I have "specific" virtual aliases that map some "foo-ext" to
"foo+ext".

note that I am talking of an extension char that you "publish". that is:
I tell users: add a "+whatever" to tag addresses. in which case, I want
this to work whatever they do and I don't want things to break because
we hire jean-marie after jean.