Saturday, May 7, 2011, 12:13:53 PM, Dennis wrote:

> Over the past couple days I'm noticing mail coming in from outside that is
> supposedly from users of mine - but apparently isn't.  HELO message comes
> from chez-vrolet.net which is in my $mynetworks setting, but the IP
> address for the incoming machine does not match DNS.

> What adjustment in main.cf should I look at?  On the surface,
> permit_mynetworks in strategic locations can be eliminated, but last time
> I did that, I couldn't send mail from localhost.

You can reject the inbound message based on the HELO/EHLO if it is one
of your domains.

main.cf:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   check_helo_access pcre:$config_directory/pcre.helo_access,

pcre.helo_access:

/chez-vrolet\.net/ REJECT How can you be me?

You should use WARN instead of REJECT and check the logs to make sure
it will be the desired effect. It would help more if you showed logs
demonstrating what you are talking about above.

--
Duane