Quoting li...@vfemail.net:

Quoting "Randy Ramsdell" <rramsd...@activedg.com>:

/dev/rob0 wrote:

As you can see, sendmail does not appear ... How can I fix it?

This could be ugly. Installation from source, even correctly done, interferes with OS features like this "alternatives" thing. It is well worth your while to spend some time learning how properly to manage your OS before undertaking mail admin.

Just for posterity and from my memory ...

Stop postfix!

Run a script to rename all files installed at 19th march 2009 between 16.45
and 17.00 when postfix has been installed by hand.

rpm -ivh postfix-2.3.3-2.el5.centos.mysql_pgsql.*.rpm

Restore main.cf and master.cf , tls certs, etc from backed up config
directory.

Start postfix!

yum remove exim!

rm -fr /var/spool/exim
userdel -r exim!

Thanks to all posters in this thread!

Regards,
Alx

This message sent via VFEmail.net
http://www.vfemail.net
$14.95 Lifetime accounts!  15GB disk!  No bandwidth quotas!