Le 04/06/2011 08:43, Goutam Baul a écrit :
Dear Frank,

Thanks a lot for responding. I am now reading through the net and trying to
implement things as suggested. Just a few queries:

1) As I am interested in sending bulk mails, I am contemplating modification
of my DNS zone file with SPF record. Some articles in the net talk about
reconfiguration of Postfix for SPF. I believe it is required only when I
test the incoming mails for the corresponding SPF records. Am I correct in
my understanding?

SPF identify which servers are allowed to send emails from your domain

2) Can you indicate some reliable website to get the dkim-milter package for
my RHEL 3.8?

Well I dunno I use FreeBSD but I suppose RH provide such package
I use opendkim milter

3) Instead of using the mailing list software, for the time being I am
planning to use php classes like phpmailer and advice my script to delay for
say 5 seconds before sending a mail. Do you foresee any issues in this
approach?

Well it looks good but who really knows gmail or hotmail policies ?

Sorry for bothering you lots of questions.

you're welcome this list is supposed to provide help ;-)

With regards,

Goutam