* Suresh Kumar Prajapati <er.sureshprajap...@gmail.com>:
> For the time being I just want to go with system accounts,once this is set ,
> I can catch up with second option.

Fine.

Run saslauthd with "-a shadow".
Run testsaslauthd and verify you have a user for whom authenication works.
Drop "smtpd_sasl_local_domain" in main.cf.
Reload postfix.
Download http://jetmore.org/john/code/gen-auth, make it executable and run it
like this:

% ./gen-auth plain username password
Auth String: AGZvbwBiYXI=

Use the Auth String: (here: AGZvbwBiYXI=) in a telnet session. Do not use
"LOGIN" as in your previous test. Send PLAIN like this:

AUTH PLAIN AGZvbwBiYXI=

It *should* work...

p@rick