On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 05:22:03PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> > > smtp_bind_address is a new feature as of 2.7, clearly stated at the top
>
> No, smtp_bind_address is available in all Postfix versions since 2001.
>
> If Postfix complains like this:
>
> postfix/master[5309]: /etc/postfix/master.cf: line 6: bad transport type:
> smtp_bind_address=174.121.222.21
>
> then line 6 in master.cf starts with "-o smtp_bind_address=174.121.222.21"
> without the leading whitespace.

Indeed. Returning to the original topic though, I have a postmast(1)
patch that adds a new utility that does with master.cf what postconf(1)
does with main.cf. In particular it supports:

    postmast    - show all entries in a machine-parseable normal form
    postmast -n - show non-default entries
    postmast -d - show default entries
    postmast -e - edit or add master.cf entries via CLI.

I don't whether this is of sufficiently broad utility to warrant inclusion
in the official release.

--
        Viktor.