On Sunday 06 November 2011 03:33:02 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 06.11.2011 11:24, schrieb David Southwell:
> > Quite happy to do that. Mind you it may be possible to ask in a way that
> > does not demonstrate a determination, fequently expressed on this list,
> > to hammer into the ground anyone who has the audacity to voice an
> > opinion which does not accord with the conventional views of over
> > vociferous loyalists.
>
> this has nothing to do with loyalists
>
> if things ain't broken don't fix them and what nobody needs is rewrite
> perfectly working software / syntax while postfix is since many years
> one of the few applications where you can do major upgrades without worry
>
> sorry but i have enough of any ideas rewrite things to make dumb people
> lucky as it happened in the linux-world way to often the last few years
> with many over a long time working subsystems / layers
I think you have succeeded in making my point far more effectively than I. The
determination you express is a good demonstration of an attitude that calls
anyone "dumb" if they dare to disagree with their point of view.

If you do not understand that such responses encapsulate an attitude of over
vociferous loyalism, rudeness & intolerance then you are really missing
something. Hopefully you might live long enough to regret such attitudes.

David