Hello,

First post to the list, I would really appreciate any help/advice.

In my current setup I act as a Spam and Virus filter for several domains. Mail
is then relayed to their local Exchange servers once it has been scanned.

In the event that their Exchange server is down and they require emergency
access to their emails I have configured virtual_alias_maps as below:

user@domain             user@domain,user@otherdomain

This way the original mail is still cached in the queue for delivery to
Exchange and a copy is sent to the same user at anotherdomain (an IMAP/Webmail
server).

My question is: Rather than setting up each user and their alias individually
can I use a wildcard to accept for anyuser and forward to the same username on
the other domain.

Rather than use virtual_alias_maps:

@domain catchall@otherdomain

I would like virtual_alias_maps:

%anything%@domain               %anything%@otherdomain

I hope I have explained that clearly enough .

I did attempt to configure virtual_alias_maps like this:

@domain         @otherdomain

But this tries to literally forward to @otherdomain (as an address without the
user portion).

Thanks in advance.