On 12/8/2011 6:45 AM, James Day wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First post to the list, I would really appreciate any help/advice.
>
> In my current setup I act as a Spam and Virus filter for several domains.
> Mail is then relayed to their local Exchange servers once it has been scanned.
>
> In the event that their Exchange server is down and they require emergency
> access to their emails I have configured virtual_alias_maps as below:
>
> user@domain           user@domain,user@otherdomain
>
> This way the original mail is still cached in the queue for delivery to
> Exchange and a copy is sent to the same user at anotherdomain (an
> IMAP/Webmail server).

Yes, that's the correct procedure.

> My question is: Rather than setting up each user and their alias individually
> can I use a wildcard to accept for anyuser and forward to the same username
> on the other domain.

Using wildcards will cause postfix to accept mail for undeliverable
recipients, so that's not a good solution.

Use a script to generate the mappings you need.  The size of the
resulting file is not a concern, hash maps can handle millions of
entries efficiently.

  -- Noel Jones