On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:30:44PM +1100, Nick Urbanik wrote:
> Dear Folks,
>
> I am running postfix 2.3.3 with dovecot 2.1.

Do you really use an ancient postfix with an not yet released dovecot,
or is this a typo?

> I have a child for whom I want to make an email account to which mail
> can only be sent from email addresses in a whitelist hash file.

Have a kook at http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html.

It would be something like this in main.cf:

        smtpd_restriction_classes = child
        child = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/childs_whitelist,
                reject

        # Probably you want this only on your submission port, or you
        # might become partly an open relay. To avoid this add '-o
        # smtpd_sender_restrictions=$submission_smtpd_sender_restrictions'
        # to your definition of submission in master.cf

        submission_smtpd_sender_restrictions check_sender_access
hash:/etc/postfix/childs_access

your childs email goes to childs_access:

        ch...@nicku.org         child

and the allowed recipients are collected in childs_whitelist:

        fri...@exmaple.org      permit
        some...@example.net     permit
        # allow every address with your domain
        nicku.org               permit

Don't forget to postmap the access tables:

        # postmap hash:/etc/postfix/childs_whitelist
        # postmap hash:/etc/postfix/childs_access

This example is untestet but should work. But of course, you should
not implement anything you do not fully understand.

Dennis