On 1/13/2012 4:57 PM, Al Zick wrote:

> If I don't whitelist these servers, then if it bounces an email that has
> been sent because of a .forward, then the server with the .forward tries
> to redeliver the email for something like 5 days to my server. Is there
> another solution to this? I don't have control over the other servers
> that are whitelisted.
> I am not using spamassassin, or greylisting, and I just removed the
> RBL's because of waaaaaay too many false positives. Right now most of my
> filtering is being done with a set of rules for procmail and with
> bogofilter, although I am considering using policyd and dovecot with
> sieve plugin.
>
> Policyd (or graylisting) should mean more email is rejected (like it
> should be) and a filtering during dovecot should mean that whitelisted
> servers still get their email filtered.
>
> I would imagine there is a better way, I just don't know it. However, I
> am open to suggestions.

Many more people would probably jump in here with great suggestions if
you would actually provide something we can understand.  I for one am
having severe difficulty comprehending what you're trying to tell us.

"whitelist these servers"  --  what servers?
"then if it bounces"       --  what bounces?  Who is bouncing it?  Why?
"because of a .forward"    --  why are .forward files on "these
                               servers" relevant to bounces?

You've typed this as if you're having a conversation with someone in the
same room, who sees everything you're seeing, and knows everything you
know.  We're not in the same room and we're certainly not inside your
head Al.  Please provide us sufficient technical detail so we can help you.

--
Stan