On 2012-01-13 6:05 PM, Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
On 1/13/2012 2:13 PM, email builder wrote:
  We use a modified version as a HELO blacklist. This avoids the false

Interesting... can you provide specific details on what you mean by
'modified version'?

I second that.  I'm feeling convinced enough to use it as it was
intended, BUT ideally, I don't desire rejecting even those stubborn
people who insist on running their email server from their bedroom
without relaying through their ISP.

Used as intended fqrdns.pcre will definitely block the "bedroom email
servers" doing direct-to-MX, because odds are high that his parents' PC
or little sister's PC are infected with a spam bot, which again is the
purpose of this table.  Thus, if that is really your desire, you don't
want to use this table.  You're better off using Postscreen.

I was more interested in what specific changes he made in order to use it as a HELO blacklist, and how and why it avoided false positives when it is used the way we have been using it

--

Best regards,

Charles