On 1/31/2012 4:36 AM, Mark Alan wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:17:17 -0500 (EST), Wietse Venema
> <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>> Mark Alan:

>>> Sadly it does not.
>>> Although postscreen marks it as BLACKLISTED, then tlsproxy kicks in
>>> and lets the email pass:
>>>

>> Only because you failed to configure "postscreen_blacklist_action =
>> drop".
>>
>>      Wietse
>
> Not exactly a failure, as doing so would instruct postscreen to simply
> DISCONNECT (i.e., drop the connection immediately). In which case a
> single 'master_service_disable = inet' would be more elegant and
> similarly effective.
>
> My question should have been:
>  Using only the frugal postscreen resources is there a way to achieve
> something like 'postscreen_blacklist_action = defer' , i.e., to
> configure it to immediately NOQUEUE all connections with a 450 SMTP
> reply?
>
> Thank you,
>
> M.

You need to set both "postscreen_blacklist_action = drop" and
"soft_bounce = yes".  The soft_bounce changes the 521 hangup into a
421 hangup.

Alternately, you can use "postscreen_blacklist_action = enforce"
with "soft_bounce = yes".  This delays the 450 reject until the
client sends recipient information.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#postscreen_blacklist_action
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#soft_bounce

  -- Noel Jones