On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:06:15 -0500 (EST), Wietse Venema
<wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> The hardest part of support on this mailing list is
> to get a precise spec that does not conflict with itself.
> Once we have that, configuration is not hard at all.

Sometimes we only know what we need when we push the email
client. In this case, the email client if not given a proper 450
answer, would simply complain to the user and give up:

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
     u...@example.net
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 5.3.2 Service currently unavailable
(state 14). "

(yes, it really was Google's gmail agent)

> # postconf -n|grep postscreen
> postscreen_access_list = static:reject
> postscreen_blacklist_action = enforce
> postscreen_greet_banner =

As proposed by Wietse, the following will make postscreen answer
with '450 Service currently unavailable' to all connections presented
to it:

  postscreen_access_list = static:reject
  postscreen_blacklist_action = enforce
  postscreen_greet_banner =
  soft_bounce = yes

... I am tempted to ask if there is a similar setup for the submission
587 service (something like -o master_service_disable=inet ?). But I
will leave that for another day.

Thank you very much Wietse.

M.