Noel Jones:
> On 2/14/2012 8:45 AM, jeffrey j donovan wrote:
> > greetings
> >
> > I have a couple of PPC 10.5 machines running as authenticated smtp relays.
> > I upgraded postfix to 2.9.0 using macports.
> >
> > I am running into a warning when I run postfix check.
> >
> > /opt/local/sbin/postconf: warning: /opt/local/etc/postfix/main.cf: unused
> > parameter: smtpd_use_pw_server=yes
> > /opt/local/sbin/postconf: warning: /opt/local/etc/postfix/main.cf: unused
> > parameter: smtpd_pw_server_security_options=login,cram-md5
> > /opt/local/sbin/postconf: warning: /opt/local/etc/postfix/main.cf: unused
> > parameter: enable_server_options=yes
> >

> > these options were to access my local password server for authentication.
> > Is there an alternate command ?
> > how do I get my users to authenticated without creating another password
> > database ?
>
> These are options that Apple patches into postfix, and looks as if
> they didn't fully patch 2.9.0 to make "postfix check" aware of the
> apple-specific parameters.
>
> You can safely ignore these warnings, and report the problem to your
> package provider.

The "postconf" build procedure will pull parameter definitions out
of other Postfix source code, so it surprises me that it could not
find the parameters added by Apple.

I suspect that my AWK pattern doesn't match their coding convention.
If someone can dig up a copy of (or URL for) their smtpd source
code then I can try to fix the AWK script.