Le 17. 02. 12 18:35, Reindl Harald a écrit :

Am 17.02.2012 18:31, schrieb Simon Hintermann:
Okay... perhaps I explained it poorly, or did I actually not understood a word
of your explaination...

The case I cannot detect is:

SENDER  (a...@toto.com) sends an email to b...@domain.com
WEBSERVER (b...@domain.com forwards all mails to b...@yahoo.com)
MAIL GATEWAY (local domains: domain.com) sees a mail with a "From:
a...@toto.com" header and says that this is an
unwanted mail
warning and pass to yahoo.com or simply drop...
why does WEBSERVER does forward anything?
forwarders have to be configured on the MTA/MDA and
then your problems does not exist at all

Okay, the webserver is a Plesk server where users can set an email redirection to their external address. I don't know why, but many users do that.

As I cannot handle these sender rules on every single one Plesk I have (qmail or postfix...), I have to set up a mail gateway for outgoing mails. I also have Bluequartz working with sendmail, and Kerio servers, working with custom MTAs.

So, as I understood, correct me if I'm wrong, my email gateway does only see an email going from a...@toto.com to b...@yahoo.com, none of which are in my local domains.