Simon Hintermann:
[restricting the sender address from webmail apps with an SMTP
sender access table]
> Now I get a warning in my logs every time a potentially unauthorized
> mails goes out.
>
> But I can't have any visibility over redirected mails. We've got several
> users that configure their mailbox to resend their email on another
> external mailbox, and we do not want to consider this kind of mail as
> "unwanted"!

[in a follow-up post, a chart with user->webmail app->SMTP gateway]

How would the SMTP gateway know the difference between:

a) The webmail app tries to send an original submission to the SMTP
   gateway (with limitations on the SMTP sender address)

b) The webmail app tries to forward email to the SMTP gateway
   (without limitations on the SMTP sender address)

and make this distinction while processing the SMTP MAIL FROM
command, before the SMTP gateway has received the email message?