lst_ho...@kwsoft.de:
> > On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 07:05:03AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >> Michael Hellwig:
> >>
> >> You might want to read this document:
> >>
> >> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html
> >>
> >> This decribes what is needed to avoid "user unknown" and "relay access
> >> denied" errors.
> >>
> >> After this, setting up a suitable virtual_transport in main.cf
> >> becomes a minor detail.
> >>

> > Well maybe I'm really dense now, but when I look at that document, I
> > still see that virtual mailboxes are supposed to be on their own domain,
> > NOT on the same domain as the local users, given that the distinction
> > between the two types of mailboxes is made via the domain?
> >
> > Or do I misunderstand something?
>
> If you want to mix local and virtual delivery in the same "external"
> maildomain you have to split them and rewrite the mail routing
> information in the envelope. Something like this for example
>
> user1@domain -> virtual1@domain
> user2@domain -> local1@local.servername
>
> and route the mail with transport maps as intended.

More complete:

1) To avoid "relay access denied" errors, decide if the domain is
   in the local class (mydestination) or in some other address class
   as defined in ADDRESS_CLASS_README.

2) To avoid "user unknown" errors, provide the recipient address
   validation as required by ADDRESS_CLASS_README.

3) Optionally, use transport_maps to redirect some recipients as
   in your example.