On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 06:50:38PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> said:
> > Maybe PLESK has an option to make "mailbox full" a hard error
> > (to be honest, Postfix's own "mailbox full" action is not
> > configurable).
>
> Unfortunately, no, it isn't.  Plesk uses a milter to check delivery
> status during SMTP (which is nice, since that way it doesn't queue
> and cause back-scatter), but only returns a temporary error for
> over quota. Worse, it doesn't check until the end of DATA, so if
> any one recipient is over quota, the message is rejected (so you
> really don't want to turn a Plesk over-quota message into a
> permanent error, at least for messages with multiple recipients).
>
> I wrote a milter for our Plesk servers to check quota at RCPT TO
> time instead (and return a permanent error for over-quota) to fix
> the bad behavior.

Unfortunately that only replaces one potential problem with another.
You're relying on SIZE in the MAIL command, which might be wrong or
might be omitted. The only sure way to know the actual size of the
mail is to receive the DATA.

As with most quota implementations, it isn't perfect. IMO the best
you can do is to allow the one mail that puts the user over quota,
regardless how much it goes over. Then add the address to a
check_recipient_access lookup.

P.S.: I complied with your Reply-To: and sent the Cc:. It will fail
SPF, if you're checking that.