Hi,

> If you are running a local recursing resolver, such as pdns-recursor, on
> this host, then the IP of this host is relevant to Spamhaus.

If bind works okay, and any errors seem to be related to spamhaus
itself, does it really warrant changing it to another name server?

I read a little about it, and see they have an RPM. I have bind
configured to use the root servers, and it's running okay, so I don't
know that I need to change it.

> The issue is likely that the configured DNS resolvers are public servers
> that have been banned by Spamhaus in the past.  As others have mentioned
> there are many ISP type DNS resolvers that are not allowed to query
> Spamhaus' servers.

Yes, I've changed postscreen to use the host given to me specifically,
and it seems to be working okay.

I should have mentioned that I was only using the public DNS servers
during testing, before I realized spamhaus had my server blocked.

>> Thanks so much for everyone's help.
>
> You're welcome "Alex". ;)  Apologies if I 'leaked' any details you may
> not have wanted public, but since I'm maintaining your anonymity I
> figured this would be fine.

Nah, not worried. I think I'm a good judge of character :-)

Thanks again for your help. Nearly all of the last two weeks without
power, yet I managed to support my network remotely with hardly the
customers being impacted, and their users had absolutely no idea. I'd
say this old sysadmin did pretty darn good :-)