I realize that this is off topic, but as there are more email experts assembled here than any where else I know of ....

I have a couple of users who are using their maildir as online storage for emails (current and archival). They have done this on their own and are prepared to live with some of the limitations. However, I think there must be a better way of doing this, preferably one that could also be used to store non-mail documents, provides search etc, WAN accessible.

I have looked at a few things, but all of them seem to have problems.

Suggestions with any experience would be welcome?

If you don't want to reply on the mail list please use my gmail account <mailto:ja869...@gmail.com>.

Thanks
John A