I had
postscreen_dnsbl_sites = <the-key-to-hide>zen.dq.spamhaus.org
and
postscreen_dnsbl_reply_map = texthash:/etc/postfix/dnsbl_reply
in main.cf

and I had
<the-authorization-key-was-here>.zen.dq.spamhaus.net<http://the-authorization-key-was-here.zen.dq.spamhaus.net>
zen.dq.spamhaus.org
in the /etc/posrfix/dnsbl_reply file.

One of many email sent from a yahoo test account did happen to use a yahoo
server listed by zen.dq.spamhaus.org and I did get back a reply with the
key exposed:

Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [98.136.218.178]
blocked using <th-authorization-key-was-here>.zen.dq.spamhaus.org [RCPT_TO]

I then changed the one line in the main.cf from
postscreen_dnsbl_sites = <the-key-to-hide>zen.dq.spamhaus.org
postscreen_dnsbl_sites = zen.dq.spamhaus.org

and since then none of the test email have been rejected.

How can I prove to myself the spamhaus list actually being used now as
opposed to being not used because of configuration?

--
Robert Lopez
Unix Systems Administrator