On 5/31/2013 4:09 AM, Mikael Bak wrote:
> Stan,
>
> On 05/31/2013 08:49 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> On 5/30/2013 11:43 PM, James Zee wrote:
>>> I was hoping someone could take a quick glance at my
>>> smtpd_*_restrictions configurations. While I've read and (re-)read the
>>> SMTPD_ACCESS_README file a few times over I would be greatly
>>> appreciative if someone could sanity check my work.
>>
>> Reviewing people's main.cf files is not a function of the mailing list.
>>  Answering specific questions or solving problems related to main.cf is.
>>  If we did the former the list would be clogged with such requests and
>>
>> Thus I'll reply off list.  It'll arrive shortly.

> I disagree.
> It could be VERY helpful to others to have a discussion about different
> configurations. It is a way to learn.

Long ago I shared this sentiment, until Wietse made it very clear to me
that we don't do this here.

> I fail to see why you have the authority to decide what is and is not
> the purpose of this mailing list.

Surely you don't believe I would attempt to arbitrarily set list policy.
 What I stated above is Wietse's policy:

"It is a waste of everyone's time including the poster and readers
to go spell check main.cf files on the mailing list."

Wietse Venema
12/09/2010

--
Stan