On 2013-08-05 9:21 AM, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:
Set those three limits to 100 or higher.  Those controls are
intended to prevent random clients from wasting your time.  Since
you don't allow connections from random clients, it's safe to
increase them.

# main.cf
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 100
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 100
smtpd_junk_command_limit = 100

Thanks Noel... I'll do this, unless I can get them to change their VRFY service to properly close these connections - or stop using a MAIL FROM that is in my domain name for their SMTP RCPT TO option so we could use that option.

Same question to you though - do you think that *not* closing VRFY probes/connections properly is improving their performance in any meaningful way?

Thanks again,

Charles