Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:56:53 -0700 skrev Rob Tanner <rtan...@linfield.edu>:

> I've googled around a quite a bit and while I can find lots of
> instruction on what I need in order for Postfix to validate incoming
> mail, I find nothing about what I need to do to make sure Postfix
> does whatever it needs to do to make sure the MTA receiving the mail
> validates it.  And the dearth of information in that category also

You can't, since it's up to the receiver to do whatever checks they
wish. That includes SPF.

> begs the question, is there a special header that Postfix need to
> include in the message (as in DKIM) or do the receiving MTAs, if
> they're setup to use SPF just automatically do the DNS lookups?  What
> is it, besides adding the correct the DNS TXT records, do I need to
> do on my end.

Nope, nothing to setup in Postfix to support SPF on outgoing mail,
besides making sure the TXT / SPF record matches the sending server. I
tend to simply use "v=spf1 mx -all" since my setup is simple, but you
can see the entire syntax here
http://www.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax

> Thanks,
> Rob