Hi

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:27:18 -0400, Roman Gelfand <rgelfa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is there a way to add more info to "status=bounced" entries?  For
> instance, I would like to see the from email and subject on the same
> line.

        I usually do a "extended" log for all emails, so its easier to
parse the log when i'm searching for emails. i "abuse" the warn_if_reject
for that, by placing it before a reject, just like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = warn_if_reject, reject,(...)

        This will log all incoming emails with a warning_reject in the
log with all main information for the email. Disk space is cheap, so
i dont care if the log is a little bigger.

        if you only want the bounces, maybe you can duplicate every
rule that might reject the messsage with the warn_if_reject and
the same rule, like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = (...)
        warn_if_reject, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        warn_if_reject,reject_unauth_destination,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        (...)

        do that for any rule you might have that bounce the email
and you will get the "extended" log just for the bounces

good luck
higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a