Dear all,
I am setting up postfix in my OmniOS/illumos installation (at home, I am an
enthusiast an no expert admin) and I encountered the issue I will describe. I
tried for more than two evenings but I had no success at all, so I ask here and
I hope you will be able to help.

I have a domain with OVH and they allow (according to
http://help.ovh.co.uk/EmailSmtpPop3Imap ) only SMTPS or SSL/TLS (I copy and
paste from OVH):
        • SSL/TLS: you can activate a coding tunnel between your email software
and our SMTP server (port 25),
        • SMTPS: you can create a coding SSL tunnel directly to any connection
(port 465),
        • Our SMTP servers always try to force the connections in SSL/TLS (port
25).

If I use ssl0.ovh.net:25, I get a timeout. If I use port 587, I get "(TLS is
required, but was not offered by host ssl0.ovh.net[213.186.33.20])", so I opted
for SMTPS.
However, Postfix cannot do SMTPS on port 465, so I installed stunnel and I set
it to connect to ssl0.ovh.net:465. I did it on my OS X 10.8 and it worked, I
can send mail from command line. As reference, I used the config suggested in
postifx help:

[smtp-tls-wrapper]
accept = localhost:11125
client = yes
connect = ssl0.ovh.net:465
;delay = yes

I replicated both main.cf and stunnel.conf on OmniOS and it doesn't work!
However, I ask in this mailing list because postfix is an extra package not
part of the base OmniOS distro. If you tell me everything seems ok, I will ask
them.

The error I get from postfix is the following, taken from the output of "mailq":
(connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:11125: Connection refused)

Well, I tried "telnet 127.0.0.1 465" from a SSH prompt and I was able to
connect to the remote mail server, so stunnel is working and listening.
So what should I do now?

This is the output of "postconf -n":

command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
debugger_command = PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin ddd
$daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5
html_directory = /usr/local/html/postfix
inet_protocols = ipv4
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
mydomain = rijswijk.marzocchi.net
myhostname = OmniOS-Xeon.rijswijk.marzocchi.net
mynetworks_style = host
myorigin = $mydomain
newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = no
relayhost = [127.0.0.1]:11125
sample_directory = /etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postfix
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_use_tls = no
smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers = SSLv2, aNULL, ADH, eNULL
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

Needless to say, when I did the test on port 25 and 587 of the remote SMTP
server, I had different options:
relayhost=ssl0.ovh.net:25 (or 587)
smtp_use_tls=yes
smtp_tls_security_level=encrypt

In case it can be useful, I add another bit of information: I tried to use
remote port 587 and no encryption (since it said TLS is not available…) but in
mailq I got:
(local data error while talking to ssl0.ovh.net[213.186.33.20])

Any help will be very welcome, I don't even know where to look for solutions.
Google didn't help either and I did my number of searches.
Of course, if you see a configuration mistake that prevents me from using
directly SSL/TLS on the remote

Regards,
Olaf Marzocchi