Viktor Dukhovni wrote the following on 23.10.2013 16:23:
> If your Postfix version is 2.9.0--2.9.5 DO NOT USE public key
> fingerprints, or upgrade to 2.9.6 or later.

That wasn't the problem, the documentation is quite clear in this
regard. I mistakenly used the public key instructions for a pre-2.9
version of postfix.

>  Support for public key fingerprints was added in Postfix 2.9, ...

This is stated at the beginning of the section dealing with
fingerprints. Further down, where the actual openssl commands are noted,
there is no such note. I'm not saying there should be one there, but had
there been one, I probably wouldn't have picked the wrong set of commands.

>> [...] certificate fingerprint [...] and public-key fingerprints being
>> [...] mutually exclusive.
>
> They are not mutually exclusive.

Ah, OK, thanks for the clarification.

Regards,