Hello,

I'm not tring to do virtual domains. Just trying to get it to work with just
one domain. This time, I used this guide:

https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/postfix.html

I can telnet to my machine just fine on port 25.

I tried to send an e-mail from my address on mail.com to my own machine to test
it out. It bounced. Below is the tail of my mail.log

postfix/smtpd[12344]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mout.gmx.net[74.208.4.201]:
554 5.7.1 <m...@timothyxxxx.com>: Relay access denied; from=<timx...@mail.com>
to=<m...@timothyxxxx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mout.gmx.net>
postfix/smtpd[12344]: disconnect from mout.gmx.net[74.208.4.201]

I read about this error on other forums, but I had no idea what they were
talking about. I just need to do what needs to be done to make it work.
Unfortunately, on Ubuntu, postfix doesn't seem to work out-of-the-box. I don't
need to even relay mail, I just want my own incoming mail to be delivered. I
don't get why this has to be so hard.

Tim Legg