Am 26.02.2014 02:25, schrieb DTNX Postmaster:
> On 26 Feb 2014, at 00:54, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:

>>> The local resolver can have the resolvers on the LAN configured as
>>> forwarders, but you need the local stub resolver. No reason not to have
>>> one, really, especially on a busy mail server
>>
>> yes, you normally have a local resolver on the mailserver
>> but you hardly trust that one alone and in case it crashs
>> you typically have another one on the LAN
>>
>> mailserver's /etc/resolv.conf:
>> 127.0.0.1
>> 192.168.196.1
>> 192.168.192.2
>
> If you cannot trust a local resolver by itself

redundancy has nothing to do with trust as well as RAID is not a backup

> as the only resolver configured at the system level, you have a
> different problem that has nothing to with DANE, or Postfix

see above

> For DANE to work properly and reliable, local only is a requirement

if you can not trust your resolvers in the own network you have a
problem and if your localhost resolver does nothing else than
ask these resolvers you gain noting

in case you have a postfix relay on any machine and if you
start to implement DANE network wirde it is nonsense run on
20, 30, 100 machines on top of the same virtualization host
a local resolver asking another VM on the same host