Am 26.02.2014 17:30, schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
>> no - the two dns servers are already in the LAN and working
>>
>> they are trusted and if i do not trust my own LAN i also can
>> not trust a forwarder running on 127.0.0.1 asking them
>
> Without an anti-spoofing firewall, remote name servers may be able
> to forge DNS replies that appear to come from your LAN.  It is not
> always obvious whether such protection is in place and is robust

in my case the LAN nameservers are not reachable from the WAN at all
and they are doing recursion / caching without any foreign forwarder

the firewall in front of the mailserver does not allow addresses
with a LAN IP coming in trough the WAN interface

that's why I wanted to make clear if the limitation is a
strong technical one or "only" highly recommended