Am 12.03.2014 12:06, schrieb tejas sarade:
> I want to allow a machine with dynamic IP address but static hostname through
> DynDNS.
> I know that hostname in smtpd_client_restricions works only through reverse
> DNS lookup.
> Is there any way, I can allow the client based on hostname which has dynamic
> IP?

how should that be possible?
the hostname the client pretends?
how could you trust that?
how could you trust any hostname?
there is nothing else trustable than the connecting real IP

frankly you must even not make relay decisions based on a
static PTR because i can add any PTR i like in my own DNS
server which is authoritative for my in-addr.arpa zone

the same way you can nobody stop make a valid PTR record
you like to see on your side for grant relay permissions