please avoid top-posting

Am 22.03.2014 12:04, schrieb Pau Peris:
> Thanks for the explanation but i think i'm not understanding you. I
> understand MX records are not mandatory but i'm
> wondering what am i supposed to do when someone tries to send an email and
> the from address is not valid but an A
> or CNAME RR exists? By not valid i mean replying to the from address will
> never reach any mailbox.
>
> My worries are:
> * I'm responsible for sending email for domain.com <http://domain.com> but
> not for *.domain.com <http://domain.com>.
> * I'm only signing and following the rules - like DKIM, SPF, DMARC - for
> domain.com <http://domain.com> but haven't
> done anything special for *.domain.com <http://domain.com>. And i don't want
> my server to be responsible for
> sending not signed emails, etc.

you did not make clear that you talk about sending mail

> * I do not want to send emails if the from address is not reachable.
> Probably the best solution should be to make sure the from address matches
> the login address?

yes, you should not allow non-existent senders
you need some rules before "permit_sasl_authenticated"

in most cases that should be enough:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unlisted_sender

that is complexer to implement but if done properly the perfect solution
however, you need to consider also aliases be listed here which may have
not a own login but are allowed for the user/password combination

reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps

reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
Enforces the reject_sender_login_mismatch restriction for authenticated clients
only.
This feature is available in Postfix version 2.1 and later.

that's how it looks in "main.cf" while you need a way for
"smtpd_sender_login_maps"
matching your environment, "reject_non_fqdn_recipient" and
"reject_non_fqdn_sender"
is highly recommended and rejects user mistakes and prevents auto-add
"myhostname"
if someone sends to "johnny"

smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-senderaccess.cf

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks
 reject_non_fqdn_recipient
 reject_non_fqdn_sender
 reject_unlisted_sender
 reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch
 permit_sasl_authenticated