Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> schrieb:

> On 6/7/2014 10:53 AM, li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
>>

>> Am 07.06.2014 17:25, schrieb Noel Jones:
>>> I wonder why you're just trying to stop SASL from those client...
>>> Why not just use reject_rbl_client (and maybe other restrictions)
>>> before permit_sasl_authenticated to reject all mail from them?  If
>>> you're unwilling to accept SASL credentials, why would you accept
>>> anything?
>>
>> i think the point for different RBL lists for incoming mail
>> and SASL is pretty clear that you have a problem if you are
>> using dialup-lists for your un-authenticated incoming mail
>> flow you can't use the same for submission or better said:
>
> There are two general types of RBL -- bad neighborhoods and bad
> behavior.  One would generally not block SASL to a bad neighborhood,
> but maybe useful to block SASL to a host with bad behavior.
>
> The original question was about using an RBL to block SASL based on
> bad behavior.
>
> Obviously the OP has such an RBL in mind already.  Why would you
> want any mail from a known bad host?

Actually I don't care if I disable relaying (which can only be done using
SASL anyway) for subnets or bad bahaving AS. But I still want legitimate
mail come in for my customers - even if it originates from such networks.

But I want to (automatically) block the suspicious networks and not first
block all then whitelist the known-good.

--
Replies to list only preferred.