Ok I am learning.  Here is what i did.  I changed my hostname and /etc/hosts
file to reflect hagensieker.org

Then I changed all the appropriate entries in main.cf.

Then changed the host relayhost to the NameCheap relay host.  Then restarted
postfix

Then went to Thunderbird on my Linux box and created an account.

It finds an smtp of mail.hagensieker.org and an IMAP server on Port 143 also
with mail.hagensieker.org

I can send and receive in both directions.  I think I got it and just didn't
understand the DNS thing. I was trying to point to a DNS that wasn't there.

I'm pretty happy about this.  Now I have to figure out how to add some other
accounts.